71: Leadership w/ Dave Stachowiak - Pt 1
What is a leader? Who is a leader? Why is leadership is important?
Also, Brett is TOTALLY a leader.
- Dave is an amazing sport to put up with and Brett's kids
- Dave is a podcast hipster (he's been listening to them since before it was cool!)
- Great producers are often lousy leaders - they turn into micromanagers
- Leadership skills have nothing to do with your job or your level in the organization
- Great story about a navy ship going from being the worst to the best just by changing language
- It is OK to be mediocre at something
- Plus, a special guest appearance by Brett's kids!
"Managers do things right, Leaders do the right things" --Dave
"In the Hizzy, Hizzy" -- Brett
"We're accountants. WHATEVER happens, it will be OK." -- Andrew
Dave on LinkedIn
What Got You Here, Won't Get You There
The Leadership Academy
Get in touch!
Check us out on iTunes
Come get connected with us on Spectrum the newest place to connect with your favorite Spec hosts and listeners.
You can also chat with us in our Slack team! To join our team visit our Slack invite page and we'll send you an invitation!
If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @getorthogonal!