This week, your boys chat about:
- Separating work from the rest of life (and how difficult it can be)
- Andrew mentally explores living a two-phone lifestyle
- The details of Andrew's web application that will automate part of his job (and generate leads for him)
- Remembering that we chose this work and that we're responsible for the knock on effects as well as the freedoms.
- Developing the habit of stepping away from work, regardless of what "must" be done—and trusting that you've done enough.
- "Nothing gets done without a deadline."
- Parkinson's Law: "Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion."
- Separating your identity from your work.
- We think our systems and businesses are less resilient than they really are.
- For many of us, work is always available, no matter where you are.
"Two is one, one is none, and three is a guarantee."
Thanks to our sponsor: Jumpchart!
Jumpchart is a planning and visualization tool for website owners, project managers, developers, and designers. Give it a try for free. Visit jumpchart.com/orthogonal.
Get in touch!
Check out Producer Bethany
Come get connected with us on Spectrum the newest place to connect with your favorite Spec hosts and listeners.
You can also chat with us in our Slack team! To join our team visit our Slack invite page and we'll send you an invitation!
If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @getorthogonal!