156: The Elbow of The Deal
Brett and Andrew explore how to be more like "Steve". Getting together with others and how to set yourself up for success.
- The most impressive person here is the one who got all the people to show up
- Andrew reminisces about Chambers and Mixers
- If you can find a group of people who want to get up and make things happen - things will happen
- Dress for the job you want, not the job you have (aka Branding)
- Brett gets a uniform
- Just because I haven't solved your specific problem, doesn't mean I can't help you
- All success in business comes down to GRIT
- "There's no downside to inviting people I know and respect to get together and chat." -- Andrew
Get in touch!
Come get connected with us on Spectrum the newest place to connect with your favorite Spec hosts and listeners. If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @getorthogonal!
💚Leave Us A Review
Last but not least if you have a moment, check us out on iTunes and leave a review. It's an easy way to say thanks if you're enjoying the show and helps us climb the charts so other folks like you can find the show.