22: ReeRee Is the New Bwah
This week: Sarah does a killer Gump. Arthur's actually an aardvark. Marshall is obsessed with Hamilton. Elders dig violence, sometimes. Variety is good for intros. Batman is kinda like Picard. Sarah finally saw The Big Lebowski. Bryn shares what he's reading. Battleworld is basically The LEGO Movie. Marshall breaks down and watches some trailers.
We had a blast discussing this stuff and hope you enjoy listening! If you do, we'd appreciate a rating on iTunes. If you'd like to chat, you can find us on Twitter at @vicarious_fm, or you can join our Slack team!
Hired is a free, no-obligation job search service. If you or someone you know is looking for a job in the software engineering or design field, check out Hired.
Use our special link to get a $2,000 bonus when you sign up and accept a job, or get $1337 for a successful referral.
Many thanks to Hired for sponsoring this week's show!
- 0:06 - Forrest Gump
- 4:56 - Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl (B-A-N-A-N-A-S)
- 5:14 - Key & Peele - OK skit
- 5:30 - Chance's verse on Ultralight Beam
- 6:11 - Homeward Bound
- 6:55 - Editor's Note: Yeah, we're pretty sure Sarah's right.
- 7:08 - Ultralight Beam on SNL
- 7:23 - Arthur the Aardvark
- 7:50 - "Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?"
- 8:00 - Anamanaguchi's Capsule Silence XXIV
- 9:37 - Hamilton, An American Musical
- 10:08 - Recommended Hamilton watching:
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Performs "Alexander Hamilton" at the White House Poetry Jam
- Live performance of "Alexander Hamilton" at the 2016 Grammys
- Batlexandar Manilton
- 10:41 - Ron Chernow book
- 11:00 - "Started from the bottom, now we're here"
- 12:47 - Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording) on Spotify
- 22:14 - The Walking Dead, Nerdist, Talking Dead, and Talking Saul
- 22:38 - Editor's Note: After the Thrones isn't associated with the AMC "Talking" shows.
- 24:07 - The Jabberwocky Song
- 26:43 - Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind
- 29:57 - Blade II - Final Fight Scene
- 31:20 - Freak Gasoline Fight Accident
- 32:20 - Red Dead: Redemption - F**k Cougars
- 32:40 - Fine Brothers Entertainment on YouTube
- 32:57 - Teens React to Windows 95
- 33:08 - Elders Play Grand Theft Auto V
- 33:30 - Elders Play Red Dead: Redemption
- 34:56 - Walking Like John Wayne
- 35:05 - Whose Line: The John Wayne Collection
- 35:40 - 11.22.63 intro
- 37:43 - Fringe intro
- 37:55 - Top 10 Simpsons Couch Gags You Probably Missed
- 38:00 - Simpson Did It
- 38:10 - Last Week Tonight intro
- 38:28 - Bob's Burgers intro
- 38:46 - RocketJump on YouTube
- 39:01 - RocketJump: The Show
- 39:32 - RocketJump intro
- 41:00 - Editor's Note: That thing Marshall's talking about, it's called a seven-segment display.
- 41:48 - Justice League: Doom
- 43:35 - Cheetah vs Cheetara
- 50:31 - Bruce Timm
- 51:32 - The Secret of NIMH
- 51:53 - Animaniacs and Histeria!
SKIP to 1:04:44 to avoid spoilers for The Big Lebowski
- 52:15 - The Big Lebowski
- 55:09 - Characters in The Big Lebowski repeating phrases said by other characters
- 59:58 - Walter's sunglasses
- 1:02:13 - Mark Pelligrino
- 1:03:55 - Editor's Note: Marshall can't find a clip of that "Hey, Beantown" song, but it appears in 30 Rock S04E08 "Secret Santa."
- 1:04:44 - The Black Panther #1
- 1:04:54 - Spider-Women Alpha #1
- 1:06:07 - Secret Wars (2015-2016)
- 1:07:28 - T'challa
- 1:08:32 - Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, and Illuminati
- 1:09:57 - Marvel Unlimited
- 1:11:09 - X-Men '92
- 1:12:52 - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story trailer
- 1:14:03 - Editor's Note: Rogue One isn't directed by Rian Johnson. He's doing Episode VIII. Gareth Edwards is directing this one.
- 1:14:25 - The Inception Sound Is Everywhere Now
- 1:16:52 - Mon Mothma old and new
- 1:17:15 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels
- 1:19:19 - "I'm too old for this shit" supercut
- 1:19:54 - Captain America: Civil War trailer #2
- 1:22:53 - Chadwick Boseman as T'challa
- 1:23:19 - Underoos
- 1:27:55 - Thor: Ragnarok
- 1:29:03 - Doc Green
- 1:29:55 - Key & Peele - Meegan, Come Back skit