275: Now, That's One Smart Home!
This week, Marshall explains his smart home setup to Brian in great detail. In News, Brian reveals an exciting development with Spectrum. And as always, we share a couple cool things, including an Advent calendar for programming puzzles and a thing everybody already knows about.
This week's episode was brought to you by DuckDuckGo
DuckDuckGo helps you take back your privacy with their private search engine, mobile apps, and browser extensions. And right now they're hiring remote positions for Senior Product Designers! Make the internet a safer place, designing new products at DuckDuckGo.
- Samsung One UI's floating keyboard is a feature in need of a use case
- Tonal is a home gym that mounts on your wall
Explain Like I'm Five
- Marshall wrote up a hefty Google doc that includes links and descriptions for all this smart home stuff, so check it out for details on pretty much everything mentioned in the episode
- Note: That Homekit bug seems to only affect shades, but it dims lights just fine, fwiw
One Cool Thing:
- Brian shared Advent of Code, an Advent calendar of small programming puzzles
- HackerTyper makes it look like ur a 1337 h4XX0r. Just smash the keyboard indiscriminately.
- Marshall shared Audible, which is a thing you definitely already know about
- Neuromancer kinda started the whole cyberpunk thing
- Snow Crash is Marshall's favorite work of fiction
Design Details on the Web: