This week, your dynamic duo finally settle the freelancer versus business owner definition. And we, obviously, needed help.
- How industry looks at freelancers versus a "studio"
- Brick layers versus problem solvers
- How mindset drives more money
- Brett soaks in being right
- The biggest change to being a business owner is more MONEY
- Self-employed does not mean a freelancer
- The difference between a million dollar contract and grunt work is branding
- Freelancers are hired on a commodity basis
- Business owners are hired based on value
- Value based billing can be a double edged sword
- Building an out for value based billing
- Scope creep is the DEVIL
- Fake it until you make it (or retire)
"The difference in pay is night and day"
Featuring VERY special guest - Melinda Livsey
Get in touch!
Check out Melinda and her company Marks and Maker
Also, if you want to quit your job, check out her course on getting started Pre-Lance
Article on Andrew Carnegie
Come get connected with us on Spectrum the newest place to connect with your favorite Spec hosts and listeners.
You can also chat with us in our Slack team! To join our team visit our Slack invite page and we'll send you an invitation!
If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @getorthogonal!